On the last Friday of each month, We Are the World Blogfest invites bloggers to join together in promoting positive news. I join in as often as I can as we need to look beyond the alarmist headlines and see all the good that is happening in the world. If you would like to join in, please check out the rules and links below.
This month, I am sharing a story that I think is long overdue. In celebration of NAIDOC Week at the beginning of July, Play School, a television show for young children, added an Indigenous doll to its collection. The doll’s name Kiya means ‘Hello’ in Noongar language from Noongar country in Western Australia.
Kiya is a modern Aboriginal girl doll and will remain part of the show’s collection to foster understanding of Aboriginal culture and respect for country.
I think it is a fabulous addition to the show and is especially significant this year, The International Year of Indigenous Languages.
Click to read the whole article: Play School reveals Indigenous doll Kiya for NAIDOC Week.
As stated by #WATWB, “There are many an oasis of love and light out there, stories that show compassion and the resilience of the human spirit. Sharing these stories increases our awareness of hope in our increasingly dark world.”
I think the world could do with some more light at the moment. Please join in and share positive stories to lift the clouds.
Here are the guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
The cohosts this month:
Please pop over to their blogs to read their stories, comment and share.
Click here to join in and enter the link to your post. The bigger the #WATWB group each month, the greater the joy!
Thank you for reading. I appreciate your comments. Please share your thoughts.