About a month ago I was honoured to receive a nomination for the Versatile Bloggers Award from Bodicia who blogs at A Woman’s Wisdom, “A place to discover fabulous storytellers plus book reviews, life and humour.” Her blog definitely lives up to its description and is worth a visit. I am very appreciative of receiving this award from someone with such experience and versatility.
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Thanks Bodicia!
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My 15 nominees are:
Apologies to those I have omitted, and to those I have nominated for a second award. I can offer neither excuse nor reason. So be it.
This is the more difficult part – 7 things about myself. At least they don’t have to be interesting!
Seven random things about myself!
- My favourite colour is blue, bright blue; blue like the clear June skies; blue like the calm waters on an early summer morning.
2. I love butterflies, birds and frogs: pictures, toys, stories, whatever. I used to think I’d like to be a bird with the freedom of flight, soaring above the world. The transformation from caterpillar to butterfly is amazing and inspiring but each stage has its own beauty and purpose; one could not be with the other. And frogs – well they’re just cute!
3. One of my favourite books is Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. I like to think I’m more like Jonathan than the other seagulls squabbling on the shore.
4. I love being a parent. Both my children are adults now and the joy at seeing them grown; happy, contributing, compassionate, productive; is immeasurable. To think that I had a little to do with the wonderful people they have become is rewarding, but to know that they are more than I could ever take credit for, is awesome.
5. I love learning and try to take an interest in most things, but am more interested in ideas than in facts. I’m not much use on a trivia team; unless it’s a nursery rhyme question – then I’m indispensable!
6. I enjoy puzzles and games, especially logic and thinking puzzles and word games. I love playing games with the family and sharing a laugh. I love computer games.
7. I love helping children begin their journey into literacy through reading to them, playing with words and language, telling and writing stories together. With my own children it was magic, with hundreds of other children it was awesome, and now with my grandchildren it is just amazing. It is a privilege to share in the process.
Congratulations to all my nominees. Check out their blogs. You may find something there of interest to you!