For the past two years, on the last Friday of each month, We Are the World Blogfest has invited bloggers to join together in promoting positive news. This month they are celebrating their second anniversary. Now that’s an achievement. Thank you for helping to spread light on the world.
If you would like to join in by sharing “stories that show compassion and the resilience of the human spirit . . . (to increase) our awareness of hope in our increasingly dark world”, please check out the rules and links below.
This month, I am sharing a news article about Aboriginal women who created a mindfulness app in their own languages with the aim of improving mental health in Aboriginal communities.
Mental health and suicide, especially among young people, is a major issue for many Aboriginal communities. What I like about this project is that it is empowering the local communities to take actions that will contribute to improvements. That this is occurring in the International Year of Indigenous Languages, makes this project even more special.
The app combines singing, meditation and breathing exercises and combines ancient wisdom with western knowledge of mental health.
To find out more about this wonderful project, click here.
Here are the guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month are most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
The co-hosts for this month are:
Please pop over to their blogs to read their stories, comment and share.
Click here to join in and enter the link to your post. The bigger the #WATWB group each month, the greater the joy!
Thank you for reading. I appreciate your comments. Please share your thoughts.