On the last Friday of each month, We Are the World Blogfest invites bloggers to join together in promoting positive news.
“There are many an oasis of love and light out there, stories that show compassion and the resilience of the human spirit. Sharing these stories increases our awareness of hope in our increasingly dark world.”
During the first weeks of this year, Australia has been hit by unprecedented and devastating weather events all over the country, including bushfires, droughts, drenching rain and floods. While these events cause heartbreak for many and will take countless years for full recovery, they also provide an opportunity for bringing out the best in people.
When the drought-stricken North Queensland city of Townsville was hit with a deluge, people quickly reached out to others in need, even as they waited for help themselves.
This month I am sharing an inspiring story of a Townsville family who opened their home to “more than 60 flood-stricken people and their pets … as they waited to be rescued from rising floodwaters”.
Click here to read the whole article.
If you would like to join in, please check out the rules and links below.
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
The co-hosts for this month are:
Please pop over to their blogs to read their stories, comment and share.
Click here to join in and enter the link to your post. The bigger the #WATWB group each month, the greater the joy!
Thank you for reading. I appreciate your comments. Please share your thoughts.