It’s the end of the month again, so time to share good news and spread some joy throughout the world with the We Are the World Blogfest (#WATWB).
This month I am sharing the news of three US economists who were awarded the 2019 Nobel Economics prize for their work in fighting poverty. The three economists are Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer. In the 50-year history of the Economics prize, Esther Duflo is the youngest, and only the second female, to be awarded the prize.
The focus of the work for which the prize was awarded is education and healthcare. Over 60 Million children in Africa and India have benefited from the work.
Read the whole story here.
Click here to read more good news stories shared by other #WATWB bloggers.
If you like to spread good news, you can join in too and help us make critical mass.
As founders of #WATWB say, our newsfeeds often overflow with disasters and tragedies of all sizes, from large to small, that may overwhelm us with feelings of hopelessness and a loss of faith in the goodness of humanity. WATWB aims to combat those feelings with good news stories. They say, “There are many an oasis of love and light out there, stories that show compassion and the resilience of the human spirit. Sharing these stories increases our awareness of hope in our increasingly dark world.”
If you would like to join in with #WATWB, here are the guidelines:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
- Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
The co-hosts for this month are:
Please pop over to their blogs to read their stories, comment and share.
Click here to join in and enter your link on the Facebook page. The bigger the #WATWB group each month, the greater the joy!
Thank you for reading. I appreciate your comments. Please share your thoughts.