On Monday 24 August, readilearn will be four years old, and what an amazing four years it has been — one day, one week, one month, one year at a time. We haven’t been without our hiccups, but we haven’t been without our successes either. I express my sincere gratitude to everyone of you who has supported me along the way. Rest assured, the journey is not over yet.
About Norah, founder of readilearn
For those who don’t know, below are #12 things about me that preceded and contributed to the establishment of readilearn, a collection of teaching resources to support teachers of the first three years of school.
- Education is my life, my passion, especially literacy development and the education of young children.
- I decided at age 10 that I wanted to be a teacher. That desire has never waned.
- When I left school, I went straight into teachers’ college, and from there back into the classroom, but on the other side of the teacher’s desk.
- I wasn’t always happy with everything that was expected of me as a classroom teacher and read widely about education and alternatives to schooling.
- I undertook further study into language and literacy development.
Continue reading: It’s readilearn’s fourth birthday – readilearn